How to Submit an Event
The GSC Calendar welcomes submissions by anyone of any events that may be of wide interest to the Stanford graduate student community. Please follow the notes below for submitting your event:
- To submit to our list, please create an event in a Google® Calendar/Microsoft® Outlook/ Apple® iCal compatible application and invite firstname.lastname@example.org to it.
- See the notes under “Please make sure of the following when creating your event” below.
Graduate VSO Leaders
Submission of your GSC-funded events to the GSC Calender is a condition of your funding. Posting announcements about non-GSC-funded events is optional, though a good way to reach interested graduate students. Please follow the notes below for future submissions.
- To submit to our list, please create an event in a Google® Calendar/Microsoft® Outlook/ Apple® iCal compatible application and invite email@example.com to it. Do NOT send the invite to firstname.lastname@example.org – these are two very different accounts!
- If your event does not appear in the calendar, or if the announced time/location is misleading, you risk losing funding from the GSC. Please edit your event so that the correct information is visible on the GSC website and notify the Funding Committee (email@example.com) so it can be reviewed.
- You must follow the instructions under “Please make sure of the following when creating your event” below.
Please make sure of the following when creating your event:
- Tag your event! This can be done by adding hashtags, e.g. “#free-food” at the end of your event description, or in your event description. We request that you use one or two from the following list, and you can add any other tags:
- Check the event time. Please make sure your calendar program is in the correct time-zone and you have the correct calendar date and day of the week.
- Please fill out the venue properly such that any graduate student can find your event. If you have an event in a building with multiple venues such as GCC, Tresidder, Old Union, please specify the room.
- If you will be serving alcohol at the event, please mention that guests will need to prove their age in the description.
- You can check the status of your invitation real-time on the GSC website at http://gsc.stanford.edu/gsc-calendar. You can still edit your event.
- If your event does not appear there, you will have received a notification with the reason for rejection from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you anticipate a venue or time change for your event, please include a statement in your event description to that effect. As soon as you have the information for sure, please update your event.
- Please write a descriptive event title and avoid acronyms. For example, instead of TSA BBQ, write Turkish Students’ Welcome BBQ.
Examples of Event Descriptions:
- Join the [VSO name in full] for the annual [festival name] feast! [History of festival] [Date and time] [Location] Everyone is welcome. #cultural #free-food
- Are you passionate or curious about [sport, activity, etc.]? The [VSO name in full] is offering a [sport, activity, etc.] workshop on [date, time, location]. All levels are welcome. Event is free but you must reserve tickets via [method]. #ticketed
- Come to [event name] for #family fun in the sun. There will be balloons, children’s games, #free-food, and much more. [Date, time, location] Everyone is welcome.