Hello Graduate VSO Leaders,
Grad-events has changed! As you all know, submission of your events to grad-events is mandatory if you are receiving VSO funds by way of the GSC. Posting announcements about non-GSC sponsored events is optional, though a good way to reach interested graduate students. Please follow the notes below for future submissions. SUBMISSIONS MADE TO THE OLD SYSTEM WILL NOT BE SEEN BY THE GSC AND WILL NOT FULFILL YOUR REQUIREMENT.
• To submit to our list, please create an event in a Google® Calendar/Microsoft® Outlook/ Apple® iCal compatible application and invite email@example.com to it. Yes, invites to facebook® events are compatible. Do NOT send the invite to firstname.lastname@example.org – these are two very different accounts.
• The calendar bulletin is sent out every Sunday Night. Please send your invitation before 6 pm on Sunday so that your event is included in that Sunday’s bulletin.
• To receive the grad-events email, please subscribe to grad-events using the Mailman interface.
Please make sure of the following when creating your event:
1. Please submit events before 18:00 (6 o’clock pm) on Sunday. Not midnight!
2. Check the event time. Please make sure your calendar program is in the correct time-zone and you have the correct calendar date and day of the week.
3. Please fill out the venue properly such that any graduate student can find your event. If you have an event in a building with multiple venues such as GCC, Tresidder, Old Union, please specify the room.
4. If you will be serving alcohol at the event, please mention that guests will need to prove their age in the description.
5. You can check the status of your invitation real-time on the GSC website at http://gsc.stanford.edu/gsc-calendar/ . You can still edit your event.
6. If your event does not appear there, you will have received a notification with the reason for rejection from email@example.com .
7. If your event does not appear in the bulletin, or if the announced time/location is misleading, you risk losing funding from the GSC. Please edit your event so that the correct information is visible on the GSC website and notify the Chairs of Publicity ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) and the Funding Committee ( email@example.com ). It is at the latitude of the Funding Committee if the automatic revocation of funding for your event can be reversed. Such reversals are very rare.
8. If you anticipate a venue or time change for your event, please include a statement in your event description to that effect. As soon as you have the information for sure, please update your event. The GSC revokes funding for any event that is misadvertised or not advertised on their calendar.
Anne-Laure Cuvilliez and Roshan Shankar
Funding Committee 2012-13